Big Decesion

I think I just made a big decision. I (think) I have officially decided to stay off site for the Dopey Challenge. It was only a few months ago that I decided the total opposite. I completely understand why people recommend staying on Disney property. Kim D., whom I totally respect convinced me of its importance. But as time has passed I have done some research and decided that the price just isn't worth it.

I looked into the Disney budget hotels and I CAN afford them, but I just think they are too expensive for what they are.

I get that it comes with the convenience of transportation...but I can't wrap my mind around transportation being worth $500.

Not only is there a difference of $500. but the cheaper hotel is nicer and includes free breakfast (including made to order omelets).

I know it doesn't come with early or extended park hours but I plan on going to bed early....and I will be arriving at the park at around 4am..so I am not too worried about that.

It doesn't come with the Disney magic either, but that is okay too....I can get that at the park.

There are still some logistics I need to work out. Depending on when Keri comes/goes and when my mom comes/goes, I might need to rent a car. But that is still much cheaper than that $500 price differences. 

Sad news....

My employee discount hookup has left the company (congratulations to him for his exciting news) . I am back at the drawling board.But I am still thinking that I don't want to stay at the Disney budget resort motel. After getting the news last night, I realized that it was 7/30 and that meant the prices would be released. Some of the moderate resorts were only $40 more (a night) but then when I clicked on them; they went up by $30. more.

I guess when it gets down to it, I just need to talk to Heather (travel agent) and see what her thoughts are. I also need to talk to my mom and get her thoughts. I think she will be coming in on that Friday. I think I still have time to make these decisions. I mean, it is too late to make dinner reservations but I think I still have time to book a hotel.

I know some people will think I am nuts...but I might take the mega bus down there. I know, I know, not every body is a fan. But it is so cheap. If I am going to spend more money on my lodging; it is just something to think about.

Ms. Judy (from work) and her friends have taken it. They loved it. They played cards, read books and relaxed.

I won't make this decision until it is about six weeks out. Basically around the time that I would book my flight.

Comments

Popular Posts