Eleven Miles

Lets see...its been awhile since this run so it is hard to remember how I felt etc....

I met up with Kim at Little Mulberry for an 11 mile run. I was excited and nervous. This was going to be my longest run since Rock n Roll NOLA half waaaayyy back in February.

It went great! We did 30:30 intervals and it worked out really well. Not only are Kim and I right around the same pace, but we both seemed to be on the same page when it was time to skip a run interval. For example...the 207ft gain in .4 miles.

At some point I accidentally stooped my watch and at this point I don't really remember how long it took us. But to be honest, it doesn't matter. Kim was great company and the time really flew by.

Kim challenged me to the ALS ice bucket challenge and she still needed to fulfil her challenge so after our run, we went to Walmart and dumped a gallon of water on our own heads.

I seriously thought I was drowning. The water just coming and coming.

 My legs were feeling a little tight and I had to work that night so I followed up my freezing water with a ice bath. That was a horrible experience. It was so painful. I made the boy sit in the bathroom and entertain me to try to keep my mind of the pain.

But I hated it, but I think it helped and I will do it again.

Comments

Popular Posts