Dancing in the Rain


Kim and I ran yet another HotLanta raining Sunday. Although it had been raining the several days leading up to the race, that morning started out beautiful. The skies were clear and the temperatures were comfortable....but then someone said "Thank goodness it cleared up for us".... then we saw this...

I can't remember exactly, when the rain started. Around mile 4 or 5 I think. And then it rained harder and harder. Then there was thunder and lighting in the distance.  And then it rained harder.

I was so happy to have Kim as my running partner. I don't think either of us were thrilled with the weather but I think we kept a great attitude.



At one point we were on the Beltline and water was just pouring on our head, rushing across our feet (coming from water run off) and splashing up from the ground. So we stopped for and "USie".

So my rainy relationship with Piedmont Park continues. Because that place was once again flooded! At one point the puddle was so deep that we we had to step into the grass mud...in my brand new shoes. But don't you worry, the next puddle washed them clean!

Prior to going into the park we were doing great. We were ahead of our pace from last year. But then we hit a wall, hill, I don't really know what to call it. We just took it easy. Neither of us had to race hard and didn't really have any races coming up that we had to push ourselves with so just walked for a bit.

Just before the finish line we saw Danny and started to run again. After running in the rain for about 8 miles we finished with smiles on our faces.


And just like last year, the race support was great. The police officers were great. The course wasn't 100% closed but they did a great job with traffic. They also had smiles on their faces and should words of encouragement. The water/fuel stations were trained perfectly. They even passed out dry hand towels around mile 9.

So thank you ORION for another HotLanta Half.

Oh wait, I forgot to say something about the medal. It is amazing! Bigger than any of my Disney ones!

Comments

Popular Posts