One Month!!

I can't believe Hatfield McCoy is only a month away!! I am so excited. Not sure that I am "ready" but I am excited. I was feeling pretty good about my training but I kind of feel off the wagon for 2 weeks. I was sick and then... well busy I guess or maybe unmotivated. Either way, I am behind on training.

Although I previously said that I wasn't too concerned about distance, I am now concerned because I haven't gotten in a long run. I should have done it 2 weekends ago, then I should have done it last weekend...but I went to a beer fest instead.

 I planned on trying it today, but I only did 8. The first mile was hard, then I felt good for a awhile. I've been making progress on Carriage Hill. I'm still not fast but I am getting it done quicker and easier. After Carriage Hill, it got easier for awhile, then harder again. Pretty much a roller coaster. At around mile 6, I stopped to enjoy this big old beautiful tree. The wind was blowing and I put my arms up and just enjoyed the wind. I am sure I looked ridiculous. But it felt so good. After that, I just kinda quit. I walked the last 1.5 miles to my car.

I started my run at 11 am and it was already really hot. I am going to attempt a longer run on Thursday. MUST     START     EARLIER.


Comments

Popular Posts