The highs and lows of a runner

I've had some disappointing days recently. I've run but not near the distance that I wanted to do. I leave the house all excited and ready to go but then I get out there and give up.

Sunday (Trail Day) was a completely different story! I felt great! The weather was perfect and I felt so at ease. It was my fastest time for Haw Creek (by about 4 minutes) and I didn't even feel like I was pushing it. It just felt easy. 

I decided that I am going to start doing more trail runs after Hatfield McCoy. The biggest problem with that is that I don't feel safe going out and running trails by myself. So, I guess I am just going to have to start signing up for races. That scares me too. Trail races draw smaller crowds and I think I will most definitely come in last place.....but I guess that doesn't matter. 

After my trail run, I did my leg workout. I loved it. I did curtsy squats for the first time....those things hurt so good!

Fast forward to Tuesday.....I could hardly get out of bed. The "good" part was gone. I just hurt. But I had gotten my Garmin virtual half bib, shirt and medal so I "had" to go out and run at least 13.1. 

I did .25 miles and stopped to stretch. Then I did 1.5 and stopped and sat on a bench and looked on Facebook and Instagram. Then I walked back to my car. When I say "walk" I mean "waaaaallllkkked" I'm talking 20 minute mile slow. 

So my shirt and medal will have to be earned another day. 


Comments

Popular Posts