I can do it

I entitled this entry "I can do it" but didn't write anything for 5 days, now with just two days till my first triathlon, I am second guessing myself again.


Cycling has gotten better. Henry fiddled with my gears and switched out my tires and I have a little more confidence. I will be slow but I know I can do it.


I even did two "bricks". Meaning I biked and ran immediately afterwards. I wouldn't say it was "hard" it just felt really weird. You know how it feels weird to walk after roller skating? It is kind of like that. My legs just felt like they were not moving correctly.


Although the run course is "hilly" and I have not done a full 13 miles on a bike before a run, I am not particularly worried about the run because ultimately, I can always walk.


I had been feeling really good about my swimming. I had forgotten how much I loved to swim. I enjoyed swimming on my own but I really loved when I was given some direction. Scot Davis was kind enough to let me come to a master practice at Swim Atlanta and I made it to two different Atlanta Tri swim practices.


I also managed to do 3 different open water swims. One of those open water swims was on Sunday. There were a few different occasion that the group started together and I seemed to be out in the front each time. One of the times I was several body lengths in front of everyone. Although this group may not have been a good representation of the population, I started to feel some confidence . I decided that I would line my self up towards the front and on the left (because I drift towards the right and don't want to go off course). But then I started talking to other...and I started freaking out.


People told me horror stories about people around them panicking and grabbing onto them. One girl told me that I should just wait for everybody else to leave and then go in order to avoid the crowd. Ugh! I just wish I could get out of my head! Even typing this makes my hands start to get shaky.


People have also started to stress me out about my transition area. How hard can it be to put a pair of shoes, a helmet and a race belt on a small towel? Apparently I get DQ'd if I even TOUCH my bike before putting my helmet!


My newest fear is that I will mix up my eye drops with my ear drops and end up with rubbing alcohol in my eyeballs! Seriously, I am losing my mind!


Can anyone ease my mind of this these stupid nervous energy?



Comments

Popular Posts