2018 Distance Races



In 2017, I knocked out 4 states (Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, Maine) which brought my total to 10. I ran in rain, heat, humidity, subfreezing temps and I almost got to run in snow. I meet Moonshiners, Loggers and Mountain Men. I slept in a fire station and ran in a town in which the 1500 runners doubled the population!

I also started running for myself... I have always run for myself but I finally "allowed" myself to run my race even if it meant I would be alone AND I allowed myself to be okay with it. This was humongous for me!

During the summer I did my first triathlon. I enjoyed it, and I will do another one but it mainly made me I realized how much I enjoy swimming.

I don't have any necessarily have any goals for 2018...I mean I would love to PR in every distance...okay, lets call that a goal. And I would like to run in 3 more states. So I guess I do have some goals.

My first state of the year will be North Carolina. I will be running the Asheville Half Marathon in March. I have heard that it is extremely hilly, so I am going to focus on doing hill sprints and leg days. I am hoping that I will get a few big fluffy snow flakes during the race.

My second state of the year will be Illinois. My mom will be spending about a month in Milwaukee, so I am going to spend a few days with her and run Rock n Roll Chicago in July.


In terms of state number 3, well I am not totally sure. I have entered the lottery for the New York City Marathon in November. Something about this gives me a great deal of anxiety but I am really hopping to get selected. If I don't get in, I might try to do half or a full in Mississippi or maybe Oklahoma.


And lastly, because the tri made me realize how much I enjoy swimming, I plan on doing Swim Across America here in Lake Lanier in September.
What about you? Where will you be running? What are your 2018 goals?

Comments

Popular Posts