I'm Running a Marathon!!

I have booked my vacation and it's making my birthday marathon feel so very real! It's only 135 days away and I am pumped!
I jotted down "Marathon Training" on my calendar for this Sunday (about 20 weeks out) but honestly my only goal right now is to run on a more frequent basis. and I will start increasing my distance around the end of September.

(found on internet not sure who to credit)
Since the beginning of the year, I have been working on running further each month then I did that month in 2018. So far so good! I surpassed July's miles today and plan to add a few more miles before the end of the month.  I honestly thought I was only squeaking by on my miles each month but I just took a look and noticed that my year to date miles are at 153 and they were at 87 at this point last year.
(found on internet not sure who to credit)

Moving forward for the rest of the year, adding miles will either get harder or easier. For the first time in 15 years, I will be working "normal" hours.  That's right, I will be working 5 8-hours shifts! I don't have the slightest idea how to manage exercise before or after work. Any suggestions?

Henry and I also hope to start working on our bikini bodies. I'm not looking for any accountability club, life changing coffee, magic elixir, or perfect diet. We just need to stop with all the damn sugar and ice cream.  I am hoping that my new schedule will help since we will be cutting down on the after 9:30 pm dinners. If you have any personal tips (not links to articles) on preparing lunches for the week, I will take those.

Well, until next time; Happy Training!


Comments

Popular Posts