First run since I made the big decesion.

I have been considering running the ATL 20K. It is designed to be a relay, but I don't actually have any running friends so I might just do it myself. I guess you could say, I am a little undecided. I set that long term goal of doing the Nola half at the beginning of next year and ultimately 20K is just a tiny bit less than that so I am wondering if that is pushing things to quickly. I am just going to weigh it over in my head for awhile.

This morning I decided it is time to start practicing being a real runner. So I got motivation by reading a few pages of some running blogs. Then I put on my running cloths.... then I remembered that I had the most recent episode of True Blood to watch. I thought, I will just watch the first 5 minutes. I have to know how Warlow reacted to Sookie calling him out.



Then I started feeling sleepy and totally passed out. I had only been awake for 3 hours! Oh well, sometimes a girl just needs a nap.

After my nap, and stepped outside and discovered something quit unfamiliar to me. The sun! Blue skies, white fluffy clouds, and the sun! (So far we have had more rain this year than all of last year) I immediately thought, I should go change into my bathing suit and grab a book. I really wanted to take advantage of the sunshine.
There it is... the beautiful sky.  Anyway, I didn't go to the pool. I went for a very, very short run. I ran/walked a mile and then walk/walked a mile. The sky was beautiful but man was it hot. I ran around a track of a school so I could get an idea of my actual 1 mile time. It was horrible!! 14:38. Yikes.

So here are my complaints/excuses for my run: my shorts were riding up, my thighs were rubbing together, I needed to poop, the sun was beautiful but was blazing down on me, and my feet felt like lead.

I will try again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts