The Game Plan

I have around 550 days to train for this thing. That is plenty of time right? I think so but everyone keeps telling me I am crazy. I mean, I know it is crazy but I think it is doable. Plenty of people do it. I guess most people  who do it, might be "real runners" or "real athletes". But it is at Disney. How hard can it be?

Since the longest I have ever run was a 15K (the Hot Chocolate Run), I have a long way to go!

My long term game plan is to run a 1/2 Marathon around the beginning of 2014 and a full Marathon around late spring to early summer of 2014.

Although I LOVE listening to music, I don't do well listening to headphones. I get TOO involved in my music. Sometimes I lose my momentum if the temp slows down, but the bigger problem I have is my booty. If some sort of "booty shakin'" music comes on... I start shaking my butt. I can't help it. My butt has a mind of its own and must wiggle!

Now that I have run the Peachtree Road Race 10 times, I realize that hearing music around the route and seeing people dance does help me. So for my 1/2 Marathon I want to do one of the Rock n Roll series.

Although I am used to(I use the term "used to" very loosely) the hills of Atlanta, I like to avoid them so I am thinking NOLA would be a great city. Nice and flat!

I wonder how the elevation/altitude would affect me? I know athletes sometime training in high altitudes were the O2 is thin. When it comes to compete they are able to prefer even better because they have become accustom to thinner air (or something like that). So if I have train here at home at an elevation of 1,183 feet and then run at sea level will I do better?

I am not too worried about the long term plan. The fear is the day to day, week to week plan. I need to figure out how to make myself run on a more regular basis.

I am a full time student and I work full time and it can be so hard to get motivated. If the weather is bad, its even harder!

I guess that is actually the point of this blog.

I am hoping if I am tracking my success and failures maybe it will make me hold myself accountable for getting out there and running.

Comments

Popular Posts