It was a foggy morning....and Sandra Bullock looked at me and shouted "I love your tutu!"


Well, I did it. I ran my first half marathon. By run, of course I mean I walked/jogged...It took me like 3 hours. I know it is really slow. But it is what it is....

It was a foggy morning. It was one of those days were the sky was so low it reached my feet and my hair was so frizzy it stretched far about the clouds. The roads were wet the air was wet everything was wet. Just blah.

 I was really excited but I was also really nervous. The night before the race, I read an article about first half/marathon nerves. The article said, "Don't worry, you trained for this..." wha wha... I did NOT train for this.

I had been doing good. I had been running 2-3 times a week (on a treadmill) but my longest run was around 4-5 miles.

Regardless of my level of prepardeness, I was excited.

That morning, I randomly decided to set my watch to intervals of 4 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking.

It worked pretty well for the first 3-4 miles. But then I stopped to wait in line for a porta-potty for TWENTY minutes. I don't know why, I didn't really have to go. But I didn't want to HAVE to go and be in a 20 minute line. While I was in line I found out that Sandra Bullock was out on the streets cheering us on. Apparently, I had already run past her once but it was unclear if we had already passed her again after the turn around.

I would like to say that after my turn in the porta potty:
I saw Sandy B. in her mint green shirt. Her hair was perfect. Completely unaffected by the 110% humidity. I smiled and waved as I ran by. Then she smiled back and shouted "I love your tutu!"

My Mardi Gras Tutu


But what actually happened was:
 I came out of the porta potty and it was raining, I completely lost my momentum and I did NOT see Sandy B. in her mint green shirt and perfect hair.

It took me a really long time to get back it


Comments

Popular Posts