An easy 5.5

I was worried about running today. I had not run in 3 weeks. The first week off was because I was at camp. The second week off was because I was sick with a respiratory funk (that I got at camp). The third week off was because I was lazy.

As you may recall, that last few runs I had were bad. I was getting winded and my knees were bothering me. I was just kind of discouraged.

I attributed my knee trouble to worn out shoes. So I did get new shoes. The are pretty much the same. My old shoes were the Saucony Omni 11 and my new are the Saucony Omni 13. One differences is that these are cuter. I know it shouldn't matter but I was happy that I finally got cute "running" shoes. My last 3 or 4 pairs were boring colors. But these (shown in a previous post) are purple with pink. Just my style!

And I am happy to report that they felt great too!

The Peachtree Road Race is in 19 days. My goal is 74 minutes. I am not really sure that I can make it happen....I used today as a chance to start playing around with intervals. I did 3/1 today. And it felt really good. I did get winded twice after some steep hills but all in all, I felt good.

That being said, I am not so sure I will be able to reach my goal. Today's run was 76 minutes and I only ran 5.5 miles. I do think I could bump up my run intervals and I could probably run a 10k in 74 minutes..but I don't know; the Peachtree is a whole different ball game. There are so many people and it gets so crowded, plus I get easily distracted by thinks like hot men in speedos.

I guess all I can do is try my hardest.

Comments

Popular Posts