I am panicking

Oh my gosh, I am really trying not to freak out. I am trying to tell myself it will all work out, but I am having a hard time. I feel my pulse pounding in my neck...this could be related to the Rooster Booster I am drinking. But the point is, I am panicking.

RunDisney requires a 16mm pace for their races. Although I consider myself slow, a 16mm pace is no problem. BUT I like to take pictures. I have read that there are generally lines to take your picture with the characters. Although that eats up a bunch of time, I felt I would be fine as long as I am not in the last corral.

If you do not submit a 10+ mile race, you will be place in that last corral. I can't tell you how many times I have looked at their website to figure out if there is some sort of "qualification" for the type of race. I never found anything. I was so surprised by it. Being from Atlanta, I am used to races announcing "Peachtree Road Race Qualifier" so I thought it was odd, that any old race would do.

Keeping that in mind, I picked out a race that I knew was nice and flat. It is one of the Deborah Montgomery races.

But today tonight this morning I saw this....

So I reply, "I have looked at the website mulitple times to find out if a race has to meet a certain requirement and have never found anyting. Does anyone know if this accurate?" But instead of waiting for a reply, I  check the website once more...and I saw this.....



How did I miss that?!!!!!

So then I google "What is a 'certified' race and then I went on the Deborah Montgomery Racing site and confirm...not certified.

Now here I am, searching for "certified" 10+mile races that take place during the hot, humid summer months of Hotlanta and I am finding diddly squat.

Comments

Popular Posts