Disney is more stressful than training for 48.6 miles (Part 1- Dinning)




I understand runner talk. I know what PR's are. I understand when someone says "I am a Galloway Girl".  I can follow people when they talk about their splits or intervals. I (now) know what a "bandit runner" is and why they are bad.

I also (for the most part) understanding running. It can be a little complicated.There are tons of different theories regarding fueling (GU or Stingers,  Beef Jerky or Bacon), hydration (water for short runs, Nunn or Gatorade for longer...but what is "short")  chaffing care (Vaseline or Body Glide), stride/gait (180spm, heel or midfoot strike), etc.

It can be hard. It is almost always a mental game. But ultimatly it is about bobbing and weaving my body from the start to the finish.

But I don't understand Disney. I don't understand Disney talk or Disney in general.

I don't know what DVC, ADR, DDP, or EMH is (I mean I do now, because I googled them all). But when it came to ADR, I was super confused. It is too early to see hotel rates during marathon weekend...but it is now time to book dinning reservations?! I don't have the slightest idea what I want to eat 180 days from now. I don't even know what I want to eat next week.

Not only do I not know WHAT I want to eat, I don't know WHERE I want to eat.

Cause, guess what, I also had to google BOG. That's right, I know nothing about resturants at Disney. Around 17 years ago, I ate at Rainforest Café (Downtown Disney, maybe?)  and bought a linen spray that smelled really nice. But I remember nothing about my food.

Today I read a feed on the Dopey Challenge page. Someone said they usually budget about $150. a day. My jaw dropped and my eyes almost popped out of my head.

I know that Disney is expensive, I know that but I just can't picture spending that amount of money on food. I am the type of person who gets spinach and artichoke dip as my full dinner. I would be happy eating chips and salsa 4-5 times a week.

But, I would like (maybe) to try something at least once or twice on my trip. I know I can go to each restaurant's website and read their menu, but maybe you could make a few suggestions. Where do you like to eat at Disney, why and what is your favorite thing there?

Oh, I do have reservations at Ohana with my Dopey Mentor (Carol Lively) and her other mentees.

Comments

Popular Posts