First run in two weeks

Two weeks ago I went on that horrible run with Laura from MRTT Gwinnett. The company was good but the weather was horrible. It was SO humid. Hot and Humid! Both of us were dripping with sweat before the first lab was over.

Today's weather was the total opposite! It was cool, there was a nice breeze and the humidity felt low. Thank goodness because I was a little worried about running with two weeks off. It was just two weeks off from running, it was two weeks off from all exercise.

Three weeks ago I started to have problems with shin splints. They weren't horrible, they were just annoying. I was worried however that they might develop into something horrible. So I took the time off. I iced my shins (almost) everyday and tried not too stress. Although I have a couple of half marathons coming up I didn't feel like my two weeks off would put me too far behind for Dopey training.

So yeah, it was a good run. My shins hurt a little at the start of the run but were fine by about a mile in (I am going to keep icing them daily). Rachael and I took 3 walk breaks... Not much more to say. Just appreciative for good weather and good company.


Comments

Popular Posts