Week 2

This week was just okay. Although this picture shows me icing my shins and spacing out my bunion foot, nothing went wrong. I just don't feel overly accomplished.

Monday night, I went to that Run Health workout. I really enjoyed it. Kristen teaches us how to warm up our muscles, test our self to find our strengths and/or weaknesses. We even did some core and arm exercises.

I often struggle on Tuesdays. Now that I only work one overnight a week, it kicks my butt. And it takes me until Tuesday afternoon to recover. By the time I woke up, it was far to hot go for a run. So I after the boy and I ate dinner.

I ran 1/ 0:30 around the hood while the boy rode his bike. He cracked himself up by farting and then speeding away.

I did this for about 45 minutes and it ended up being a little over 3 miles.

I went to SkyZone on Wednesday. I really enjoy Que's Wednesday's class. He has us work on balance, hand/eye coordination and legs.

He has us squat or jump using on leg or the other while he tosses us a ball; every time we miss the ball we ourselves 2 push ups.

I did nothing on Thursday...nothing.

Today/Friday I got a free one day pass to a gym. My plan was to run 7 miles on a treadmill. I only did 3.5. And it was kind of a hard 3.5.

The minute I put my running clothes on my knee started hurting. Once I was on the treadmill my shins were hurting.

After and hour of hill intervals mixed with run/walk intervals I decided to call it quits.

All in all, it was today's run that made me call it "just okay". And although I didn't do what I wanted, I am actually on track for Dopey training.

I am not entirely sure why my shins are sore. I don't feel like I have shin splints because the pain isn't that bad. But I figured icing cant hurt.

Comments

Popular Posts