Dopey Day 2

None of us really made it to sleep before 11 so once again, that 3am alarm clock came early. Before falling asleep we had figured out that mom and Keri didn't really need to get on bus at the same time as me so they got and whopping 30 to 45 extra minutes of sleep before catching the last shuttle.

I got to the start line really early so I probably could have waited for a latter shuttle as well. Although it was cold, we didn't have that horrible wind from the day before so I was able to warm up by dancing to Up Town Funk.

I found Rachel, her mom and the 100 Dalmatians and hung out with them until it was time to go to the corrals. Once I made it in to my corral, I found Elizabeth and her cousin.

This first two miles of the 10k were pretty miserable.  My bladder was so full that I thought my eye balls were going to pop out. After I made it to a porta potty, things were much easier. The course itself was just okay. I actually don't remember much of it. Except for the site of the world showcase. It was beautiful. The sun was just starting to come up, and the country's were still decorated for Christmas. It was a beautiful!


All I could think of was how excited I was to be part of such an amazing experience.

After breakfast, an ice bath and a warm shower, we headed out to Animal Kingdom.

It was cold and rainy so we had to skip the water ride. I was disappointed because I really wanted to redeem myself after torchering my mother on the roller coaster. I think she would have really enjoyed the white water rapid one.

Keri and I rode Everest and I loved it! After riding it once, it officially made it to my to-do list for the marathon.

By the time the park closed, we were all exhausted. I think we all passed out before 9pm.

Comments

Popular Posts