Dopey Day 3 (Mile 22.4 of 48.6)


Day 3 of Dopey and Day 4 of waking up way too early.

I have grown to love half marathons and I was going to be wearing my favorite costume so I woke up really excited (I guess the early bedtime the night before helped a little bit too). Because I had gotten there so early the day before, I took my time getting ready and getting to the shuttle.

We ended up getting stuck in traffic but I really didn't mind. I would rather be sitting on a warm bus than standing in the outside in the cold. I was actually making the long walk to the corrals when the first runners started. I had calculated that there was still an hour before my corral so I honestly was not stressed.

Sure enough, I made it to the corral with plenty of time. I even found my friend Sarah that I met at the 5k.

I really do hate that I waited so long to write these posts, because I just don't remember much....

Sarah and I ran the whole thing together. We stopped for a few pictures, talked and laughed. Although we weren't super fast, the run itself went by really fast. 



Mom and Keri did a great job lining up in front of the castle, made it to the finish line just in time, and Sarah's husband John greeted us with cold "wet" beer. 


Once I finished, my mom got in line at the Dopey photo booth while I danced to some MJ.



After breakfast, ice bath and hot shower, we went to the pool in our hoodies to drink some alcohol.



At some point we laid down for a nap with the plan to go to Jelly Rolls for Dueling Piano but when I laid down, my hips started hurting and I couldn't fall asleep. So I took a hot bath with Epsom salt and relaxed at the hotel. 

Comments

Popular Posts