So, am I real runner yet?




Upon my return from the Dopey Challenge one of my coworkers asked "So can you call yourself a real runner yet?" And I hesitated. Seriously, I had to think about it. A year and a half ago, I asked myself if I was crazy for planning to do the Dopey Challenge. Now, I am asking myself if I am crazy for not jumping up and down "yes, yes, yes".

But I don't "feel" all that different than I did a year and a half ago. I still think I am slow and I still wonder if think people discredit my "running" because I do intervals. I'm still bad about training and sometimes go 2+ weeks without running but I guess I am a runner. I suppose, I always have been.

So from here on out, the answer is "Yes. Yes, I am a runner." I proud of the runner that I have become and I look forward to runner I will be further down the road.

Although I don't feel all that different, one thing has changed; I am no longer working to be come a Dopey runner. I am officially a Dopey runner!

Comments

Popular Posts