Running Restrictions



We all know that I am horrible about training running outside of races but I have now realized how much I do enjoy those few runs that I have. I have not run in about 8 weeks.

My last run was with Kim at Little Mulberry. After our run I started having some pain in my left shin. Around 2-3 weeks later, it was still hurting. So I saw Dan Douglas @ Resurgens Orthopaedics in Lawrenceville. He and his wife our both runners. He was personable, informative, and I highly recommend him. 

Long story short, he told me not to run. My chiropractor (Dr. Wilber at Wilber Chiropractic Clinic in Lawrenceville. (Who Whom ....I also recommend) had recently told me he wanted me to start swimming.



So, I have been swimming. Swimming is going okay. Although I was a swimmer growing up, I am just a little bored with it. I am using the pool at the school and only other sole I have seen at the pool is the life guard. At least Collins Hill has the blue hair hairs to watch every once in awhile.

Anyway, I go for a recheck this Wednesday. Hopefully I will be cleared and can start running again! I did get in for the Peachtree Road Race and I am ready to start training!

Comments

Popular Posts