Still Not Cleared

Despite the fact that I was not running at all, I continued to feel pain in my leg until March 20th. I had my follow up apt. with Dan Douglas on April 1st. He wanted me to slowly start walking around the hood for 2 weeks and then start doing intervals.

On April 9th, I was starting to make running plans for the next week and then I reinjured myself. I was walking across a cross walk, when a car couldn't be bothered to yield to me. So I quickly moved out of the way...and then gracefully fell down on  my hands and knees. My hands didn't hurt because they were braced by my padded laptop cover. My fall cracked the cover of my laptop and bruised my knees.

Later that night, I started feeling a throbbing in my leg. So, I gave myself some more time. I did intervals for a 1.5 miles on the 16th and felt just a tiny bit of tenderness. Then I did 2 miles on the 19th and felt fine.

On April the 20th, the day of the Boston Marathon, I ran 2.62 miles. Towards the end, I started to feel just a tiny bit of tenderness.

By nighttime, I had a tender knot on my leg. It didn't really hurt to walk, it just hurt to touch. Because I am changing jobs and knew I would be going thru an insurance transition, I went to the doc and got a cortisone shot on Thursday.

The Doc told me to give it a little more time and take it slow....so the waiting continues (but I did go play in the mud at the Dirty Girl Mud Run this weekend.)
⬆️ The beautiful lump on my shin (post shot).

Comments

Popular Posts