Believe

I realized something big this week. I realized that I am unhappy with my running. Every time I see a quote about "slow runners" with a positive spin, I feel myself getting a little angry. The reason is that I am tired of being a slow runner. I don't think that I have to be a slow runner. I haven't pushed myself or felt challenged by running in a long time.

I plan on running the Hatfield Mccoy Double Half in June. The first half starts at 7 a.m. in West Virginia and the second half starts at 10 a.m. in Kentucky. I don't want to be worried that I might not finish the first half in time. I want to feel relaxed and enjoy the views.

I want to start pushing myself and really see what I can do. I don't think I have done that since 2014. I have been so focused on tweaking my intervals. But I don't think I need them anymore. I am not shaming them! They are a wonderful method but it is also okay to just run. Or run and take breaks when you need them.
So in the coming weeks am going to start changing my training.....Do I sound like a broken record? Here is a look back at then end of 2015...

"When I first started training for the Dopey Challenge, I started doing interval training. I felt like it was the best way for me to pace myself and safely finish 48.6 miles. For 2016, I'm going to turn my attention else where. It is not that I am turning my back to interval running. It is just no longer going to be my focus (Me, Dec 26th 2015)."

And you know what, it never happened. Nothing changed. But now it is going to happen.

I believe in myself.

I am ready!

Comments

Popular Posts