Training

When I think about Hatfield McCoy, I worry more about speed than distance. The first half needs to be done in under 3 hours and I don't really want to finish and have to take off on the second half right away. But I don't want to have tons of time in between either. I feel like the perfect time would be around 2:30. My thought is that would give me the opportunity to go to the bathroom, do a quick costume change and get some fuel.

Here lies the problem. I have never run a half in 2:30. I honestly haven't even got close to that. And...I haven't been training!

Peace of cake right?

I did start a new training program called Run Builder last week. It involves strength training and some high intensity interval training. I also changed up my intervals from 30/30 to 2/1.

I am also doing hill training. Besides distance training for Dopey, I have never truly trained for a race. I've always just kinda gone out and done it.

So now it is time to see what I can truly do.

Comments

Popular Posts