Chick Fil A Half


This was probably my least favorite half to date. There was a lot that I didn't like about it. First of all, I understand they are doing runners a service by allowing them/us to do packet pick up the day of the race but I really didn't like that I was charged $5. to do it. Parking was easy but then once I left the parking lot, it wasn't obvious where to go to pick up my packet. I found it but I never saw signs directing people there and it took awhile.

The first 6 miles were pretty easy. There was a lot of down hill and the sun wasn't too hot. Thank goodness because, there was not water at the first water station and I felt like there were spaced to far apart. I feel like most half's have a water station about every mile. They often include a sports drink at everyone or every other one.

There were no sports drinks on this race.

I started to hit a wall around mile 7. At mile 8 it got worse. I don't remember there being a water station between mile 6 and 9. I felt pretty miserable by mile 9. I was very thankful that they were handing out GU right around there. I had forgotten my fuel and was thinking about stopping at a gas station for some sort of sugar. After the water and GU we had a sample of the Chick Fil A Strawberry Lemonade freeze and OMG, that thing is delicious! It really it the spot.

Unfortunately it really didn't give me my pep back. I walked most of mile 7.5-13.1. I finished over 20 minutes behind where I wanted to be. By the time I finished, they were out of biscuits.

Overall, I didn't like the race because I didn't find them to be very supportive of runners. I am hoping other's had a different perspective.

I found the second part to be tough and I didn't really enjoy it but I don't count that against them. My issue really was just about the lack of support.


After I collected my medal, I walked over to Zombie Donutd. I got a lemon coconut donut and a salted caramel latte. Both were delicious. I also got a sticker for my water bottle. I normally just do race stickers but the donuts represented the best part of my race.
When I got home, Henry took my out for a Bloody Mary (and lunch)
And cupcakes! 
So all-n-all, it was a good day. 

Comments

Popular Posts