Guess I Gotta Train for Maine

Too late to turn back now, flights and hotels are booked. I'll be finishing off the year with 10 states under my belt (and 4 for the year).


I've had a lot of anxiety as I planned different aspects of this trip but now that my fight is booked, those anxieties are gone. There are still a few different things such as rental car and carb loaded dinner to plan but I think my focus can transition toward training.


I am actually closer to tapper week than picking a training plan but I am not overly worried. I had more discomfort than I am used to during last weekends half (blog to come) so I mainly want to work on some strength training with a couple long runs in the coming weeks.


I also hope to get in a few swims. For several weeks I have said that I was going to go swimming but then I fat around instead....I do look at some swimmer's Instagram pages while I fat around though.


I have a race on Saturday so I don't want to do anything to intense but I really am going to try and swim on Thursday or Friday of this week and figure I can meet up with ATC for a swim next week.

Besides training, I also need to work on the weather. I am hoping to see cold temps with no wind on race morning. There should be snow on the ground but not on the road. I'd like to see flurries start around mile 12 and BIG fluffy flakes as I cross the finish line.

I'm not totally sure who I need to talk to about that but surely I know someone that knows someone, right?

Comments

Popular Posts