Running the Magic City part duex

http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2018/01/running-in-magic-city-part-1.html

Race start was 10am so we were able to sleep in, eat breakfast and let the temps reach a warm 27 degrees.
Local kids sang the national anthem and a canyon blew to signify the start of the race. We ran between the logger trucks, around a corner and up a hill....and then ran up some more, and some more after that. About a mile in, we merged onto the Golden Road. The Golden Road was sometimes paved and sometimes gravel and could be a little slippery at time. Although I hate to admit, I guess it was good that the snow waited until after the race because I really think I would have busted my ass.

Around mile 4, I got my first view of Mount Katahdin, it was breathtaking.
Not too long after that, I hit a water station and then after that I had a shot of Salted Caramel Grown Royal. At mile 6, I had a shot of fireball (disclaimer: alcohol is not an official part of the race). Around mile 7, I had amazing chicken soup (vegetable soup was available as well).

The support on the Millinocket Marathon and Half was amazing! Every mile marker was some sort of cute decoration, the water stops were provided by local families and the whole town was out there cheering us on!

I talked to several people along the course, mostly from the northeast but at some point I ran with a guy that was from Millinocket but currently lived in the Atlanta area.
I saw the boy at mile 11. He did a great job taking shots of this hill and me running past everyone so I could get a warm hug from him.

Despite more hills, the last 2 miles flew by. The boy got a ride from some locals and made it to the finish line before me. It was one of my slower halfs, and it was quite hilly but it was really awesome.






Comments

Popular Posts