Running Down 2014

My goal for 2014 was to run one race every month, and I did it. It feels good to accomplish a goal!
On the first day of the month and year, I ran New Years at Noon in Athens. It was a 5k on in a pretty park. As I recall, it had been a while since my previous run and I did okay. http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-years-at-noon.html

In February, I ran my first half marathon, Rock n Roll NOLA. It was hot and humid (set the stage for my next two half marathons) and in New Orleans. I basically drove down on Friday made the not so smart decision to ride around the city with Christin on our bikes, ran on Saturday, and drove home on Sunday. http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/02/it-was-foggy-morningand-sandra-bullock.html

 In March, I ran, Chasing the New Moon or maybe it was called Rocking the New Moon. It was a 5k at Lenora Park. I do not remember much about it...mainly that it was a 5k PR. I believe that my goal was 34:00 and my actual time was 33:38.  http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/03/chasing-new-moon.html

In April, I ran Kim's Virtual 5k for the Atlanta 2day. I didn't time myself or anything like that. Just went out and ran. As I recall, I ran at Collins Hill Aqutic center.

On the last day of May, I ran the Bubble Palooza with a couple of tutus. By tutus, I mean friends, I did not wear multiple tutus, I only wore one of those and I wore it for one of my Breast Cancer fighters/survivors Rebekah! You go girl! Anyway, this race was tons of fun! We didn't really run. It was the day after my week at Camp Courage, so I was of course coming down with something.

On the first day of June, I ran Brylees Bash in the Park. This race was to raise money for the daughter of an old classmate of mine (Jeff Bradford). She has nemaline rod myopathy which basically means she has an absence of muscle tissue. I was still sick from camp week and didn't really run this. Mainly, I caught up with people from Duluth. I am very proud to have grown up in such a great community.

In July, I ran the world famous Peachtree Road Race. We couldn't have asked for better weather. In all the years that I have run it, I don't think I have every had better weather. I was shooting for better, but I was pleased with my time. It is a hard race with a whole lot of people!

In August, I ran my second half marathon the HOTlanta Half. This race was named well because it was so hot, and so humid. I took around 10 minutes off my previous half marathon and learned that running with a friend makes all the difference in the world. (Thank you, Kim!)
http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/09/hotlanta-half.html

In September, I did my third half marathon, The Diva Half in Peachtree City. Because it was less than two weeks after my previous half, I qualified for Half Fanatics. It was just as hot and humid as the previous and my time was pretty much the same.
http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/09/i-was-almost-one-of-those.html

In October, I ran the Atlanta Halloween 5k in Cumming. This race was so much fun. Mainly because of my costume. I had so much fun running around in that big fun Chris March wig. It was was orange with pink curlers. I wore face paint to look like cold cream, a night gown with saggy boobs and I carried my old friend Humphrey the Humping Dog. Everyone was taking my picture and I smiled the whole way. When I first started, I was sure my time would be horrible because of all my costume stuff but it wasn't too far off from my usual. Something like 36 minutes.
http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/11/atlanta-halloween-5k.html

In November, I ran the Alien Invasion in Roswell. I had some complaints about this course. I guess you would call them safely concerns. I was also frustrated that I only got a water when I was finished. They were out of bananas and other snacks. But I liked it, because I took another 20+ minutes off my time. My official time was 2:41:29.
http://nicolelove43.blogspot.com/2014/11/alien-invasion-pr.html

In December, Dawn and I ran the Ugly Sweater run at Piedmont Park. This is the one that Henry and I ran in the pouring run last year. This time, we had beautiful weather. It was great to spend some time with Dawn. We should try to get together more often.

Comments

Popular Posts